UPDATE 2/22/13: Applications are no longer being accepted for this position.
We’d like you to help us teach YNAB! We are looking for an additional teacher to run our live, online classes.
You’re qualified if:
- You love teaching and helping people learn. You enjoy breaking down complicated problems so people who are struggling can understand them easily.
- Not only do you love teaching, but you have a background in education. Preferably you’re a trained or certified teacher. It’s a bonus if you’ve had experience teaching online, but not a deal breaker if you haven’t.
- You use YNAB and know it very well. You’re a YNAB success story.
- You enjoy collaborating with other educators. You can give constructive feedback and embrace it to improve your own skills.
- You know your way around a computer. Since you’ll be teaching online, you’ll need to understand how to navigate and access information from different programs behind the scenes.
- You can multi-task and don’t mind being put on the spot. Teaching a live online class requires running a web conference and teaching at the same time–all while being asked multiple questions about budgeting and YNAB. What we’re saying is, you’ll need to be quick on your feet and have fun doing it!
- You can work from home (or anywhere), as long as you have a fast, broadband connection.
- You are available to teach some evenings and some weekends. That’s when our customers are most available to attend classes.
- You run YNAB on your mobile device. (You’ll need to display that in class.)
- You can show empathy.
- You’re friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, creative, flexible and passionate (did we mention passionate about teaching and about YNAB?).
Hours will vary depending on how busy we are and how many classes we are running. It could be as few as 2 hours a week, or as many as 10-15.
Pay will be determined based on experience. However, we like to hire awesome people and pay them well. :)
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter that explains:
- Why do you want to help teach people about YNAB?
- Tell us about a great teacher you’ve had and what made him or her so great.
- Finally, we’d like to see you teach, so please create three screencast videos demonstrating on the screen how you would use YNAB 4 to answer each of these questions.
Please use jing which can be downloaded for free at:
1. Why doesn’t my available to budget number match my checking account balance?
2. How do I handle savings in YNAB? I’m afraid I’ll spend that money on groceries so I don’t really want it in my budget. What should I do?
3. Can I fill out the budget even though my checks haven’t arrived yet? I’d rather budget for the whole month at once.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include “I want to teach YNAB!” in the subject of the email, or else we won’t see it or read it. That would be sad.
We look forward to hearing from you!