Loading release notes...
(Published: Wednesday, February 27 2013 5:45PM)
This latest version is primarily for bug fixes. We have also (re)added a keyboard shortcut for approving selected transactions.
Full list of changes:
- New Ctrl/Cmd-K is the new "Approve Selected Transactions" shortcut key.
- Fixed YNAB No longer prevents shutdown on Macs.
- Fixed Only the relevant portions of split transactions are shown when viewing the transaction list in the Spending by Category report.
- Fixed Inflow transactions that are categorized as a normal category (as opposed to Income) will now correctly be counted against the spending of that category on the Spending Trends report.
- Fixed Split transactions with a positive (inflow) total no longer ignore their sub-transactions on the Spending Trends report.
- Fixed When matching two imported transactions, YNAB now tries to organize things behind the scenes so that the transaction won't get re-imported from your bank again.
- Fixed Selecting "All Dates" on reports now correctly starts with the first month that you have data, rather than January of the first year you have data.
- Fixed Extra transactions could be visible in the transaction popup on reports when multiple sub-categories had the same name (but different master categories).
- Fixed Fixed a rare error that could occur when moving a transfer to or from an off-budget account.
- Fixed The right Alt key on some Polish keyboards in Windows no longer triggers CTRL shortcuts in the register. (Most notably, typing Alt-N will no longer create a new transaction)
- Fixed Fixed a rare error that could happen after adding a new transaction, scrolling, and resizing the window.
- Fixed Fixed a crash that could occur when jumping to a transaction list containing matched transactions from the Payee Settings screen.
- Fixed Fixed a rare error that could occur when checking for updates.
- Fixed The total row is now always at the end of the list. Under rare circumstances, it could get placed elsewhere, which would cause an error when clicked.
- Fixed Fixed a rare error that could occur when viewing the running balance of a certain transaction.
- Fixed Some computers can't display HTML pages within YNAB, and YNAB will now simply offer a link to the content that can't be displayed, rather than displaying an error.
- Fixed Fixed a very rare error that could prevent YNAB from running on Windows.
(Published: Thursday, February 14 2013 4:58PM)
The Spending Trends report is back! It allows you to see how your spending has been progressing over time. Click on the graph segments to drill down for more information. Also included in this release are plenty of improvements and many more bug fixes.
Full list of changes:
- New Added the Spending Trends report.
- New Report settings are now saved between runs.
- New Added "Copy Activation Key to Clipboard" button to Help->About menu item.
- New Added the ability to click on report segments to show included transactions after drilling down in pie charts.
- New Added the ability to click on report segments to show included transactions after drilling down in the Spending Trends report.
- New Added Ctrl/Cmd+E keyboard shortcut for exporting.
- Better Changed the Reports shortcut to Ctrl/Cmd+R.
- Better Changed the Account View shortcut to Ctrl/Cmd+T.
- Better Clicking back into the inflow/outflow/budget field now cancels the calculator.
- Better Category names in QIF exports now match the QIF spec.
- Better Unmatching a transaction now leaves both new transactions selected.
- Better Backspace and Cmd+Backspace now delete the selected transactions on Mac.
- Better Date filter settings are now per-report, instead of being shared.
- Better When setting a date filter on the register or in reports, if the end date is earlier than the start date, the two are swapped.
- Better Delete key now works to delete scheduled transactions.
- Better When jumping to the register after clicking "Payee used in X transactions" on the Payee Settings screen, the scheduler will expand if there are any scheduled transactions included.
- Better Changed wording on Income transaction list on the Budget screen to "Show in Account View".
- Better Added disabled icon on "Show in Account View" button.
- Better Adding a new transaction to the register now scrolls to show the added transaction.
- Better Added a space to the Swiss Franc (now it displays like "CHF 1'234.00")
- Better Searching for payees and categories will now return any direct matches if they exist, rather than returning everything that contains the search term.
- Better You can no longer drop a category into a different Master category that already has a category with the same name.
- Better Framerate improved when mousing over YNAB while it is in the background.
- Better Moving accounts in the sidebar is now smoother.
- Better The "Show in Account View" button is now disabled if there are no transactions in the pop-up.
- Better Reconciling a transaction automatically accepts the transaction.
- Better The account column is now visible when printing from the All Accounts tab.
- Better Changing the account type when adding a new account now auto-selects the recommended on/off budget type.
- Better You can now clear transactions by hitting 'c' while editing (but not when a text field has focus).
- Better Using File->Export, or Ctrl/Cmd+E to export will now export the active report rather than the register.
- Fixed Fixed date selector drop down arrows being stretched.
- Fixed Fixed a bug where some transfer payees weren't being treated like transfers.
- Fixed Clearing a transaction in an account now updates the All Accounts view correctly.
- Fixed Clicking 'Done' on the date selector no longer clears the selection if nothing has been changed.
- Fixed Fixed some settings being reset when upgrading.
- Fixed Fixed "Invalid date" message from being cut off at the bottom of the screen when a bad date was entered in the scheduler.
- Fixed Jumping to a transaction from the budget screen once again clears filters if they would hide that transaction.
- Fixed Spending and Income v. Expense reports now include uncategorized transactions when something other than "All Categories" is selected.
- Fixed Deselecting "Uncategorized Transactions" in the report filters no longer deselects unrelated subcategories.
- Fixed The "c" key now clears just-added transactions on Mac.
- Fixed Fixed CSV exports so Excel no longer shows strange characters when exporting currency symbols other than $ (Excel 2003 and earlier still show this bug).
- Fixed YNAB now shows the correct tooltip on a split transfer field.
- Fixed Fixed the invalid date message showing up after the editor has closed.
- Fixed Fixed the calculator not showing up correctly in the budget screen.
- Fixed Fixed a crash in the Credit Card walkthrough when there were no uncategorized transactions.
- Fixed Fixed a crash caused by trying to print when there are no accounts.
- Fixed Fixed not being able to change an existing account's type to 'Checking'
- Fixed Fixed the All Accounts tab sometimes showing no transactions.
- Fixed New transactions are now being sorted correctly when added.
- Fixed Deleting multiple transactions from an account no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed Fixed a crash when My Documents folder is not available.
- Fixed Filtering by account in reports no longer causes a crash when viewing the transactions in the register.
- Fixed Selecting an existing category when editing a transaction to be approved no longer shows the Add New Master Category popup.
- Fixed When selector popups are shown twice, no longer fade in and out quickly.
- Fixed Correctly select report filter options.
- Fixed Right border of the error column was not showing in certain circumstances. Now it is.
- Fixed Notes now show up on the budget screen again without having to mouseover them first.
- Fixed Fixed a crash caused by hitting '+' on a transaction that is not a split.
- Fixed Fixed a crash caused by trying to get the 1st account when no accounts have been created yet.
- Fixed Fixed the register footer height after finishing reconciling.
- Fixed Trying to print before YNAB has finished loading no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed Fixed a crash caused by trying to import 'Stock' accounts (which YNAB does not support).
- Fixed The import window can now be reopened if it was cancelled or if there was an error importing.
- Fixed Hitting 'Enter' with the budget cell QuickBudget cell showing no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed Fixed Master Category budget amount alignment.
- Fixed Several other bug fixes.
(Published: Tuesday, December 4 2012 9:32PM)
This latest version introduces a completely revamped Payee Settings screen, along with a new "Getting Started with YNAB" video, search improvements in the register and lots and lots (and lots) of improvements and bugfixes.
UPDATE: Norwegian Krone currency formatting no longer shows 'X' or '?'
Full list of changes:
- New Added a Help menu link to the 'Getting Started with YNAB' video.
- New Added a 'Skip this payment' option to the scheduler.
- New Added an 'Import memos' checkbox to the import dialog.
- New There is now a "Show all transactions in the register" button when viewing transaction lists on reports and the budget screen.
- New Searching for multiple values of the same type now does an OR operation. This means you can now search for multiple payees or categories at once.
- New Added ability to search for specific accounts on the all account tab.
- New Added ability to search for Open/Closed/Budget/Off-Budget accounts on the all account tab.
- Better The Payee Settings screen has had a complete redesign.
- Better Added a disabled icon on the payee list on the Payee Settings screen.
- Better Selecting a payee after combining multiple payees now treats it as a single selection, instead of showing the merge option.
- Better Added a "Rename" button to the Payee Settings screen to make it easier to spot how to rename.
- Better The 'Rename existing payees' button is disabled if the latest rule is blank on the Payee Settings screen.
- Better Added a 'more info' question mark on the Payee Settings screen for the autocomplete checkbox.
- Better The payee list entries are bolded immediately when a rule is added on the Payee Settings screen.
- Better The Payee Settings screen shows the last used payee if no transaction is currently selected.
- Better Accessing the payee settings screen via Ctrl-Y or the menu now shows the payee of the selected transaction.
- Better The payee settings screen now allows a category of 'split' to be set (this only applies when manually entering transactions).
- Better Combining payees now defaults the new name to the first selected payee.
- Better Entering amounts in currencies using something other than "." for the decimal separator now convert to the correct separator when the "." key is pressed on the numpad.
- Better Clearing a large number of transactions is now much faster.
- Better Reconciling for the first time now runs FAST.
- Better 'Checking' and 'on-budget' are now selected by default on the Add Account screen.
- Better Default account names now add a number to the end that hasn't been used already, so you are guaranteed a unique default name.
- Better If importing from multiple accounts, once done YNAB switches to All Accounts mode.
- Better Added a link to the support webpage to the Submit Technical Information form.
- Better Added a warning to the Submit Technical Information form.
- Better Split transactions now show an amount remaining when the inflow/outflow is $0.
- Better Pre-YNAB debt subcategories can no longer be renamed (they weren't able to be renamed before, but they looked like they could be).
- Better The Total Scheduled Outflows QuickBudget option now takes into account the next scheduled date.
- Better Selecting another transaction while adding a new transaction now cancels the new transaction entry.
- Better Expanding a split transaction at the bottom of the screen will now scroll so it is entirely visible.
- Better Glow animations have been tweaked.
- Better Trying to reconcile in All Accounts mode now shows the user they need to select an account first.
- Better Flags, error, and cleared column headers now have a different background when they are being used for the sort.
- Better Reconciliation adjustment transactions now have a distinct payee.
- Better Adjusting an account balance now always creates a new transaction.
- Better When matching imported transactions, the check number field is now ignored unless it contains an actual number.
- Better Imports now match check numbers numerically (so 001234 will match 1234 etc).
- Better Decreased animation duration when switching between tabs.
- Better Decreased animation duration when expanding/collapsing account groups.
- Better Switching to an account in the middle of reconciling no longer clears the search criteria.
- Better The Save and Cancel buttons are now highlighted if you try to select another transaction after making changes.
- Better You can now hit 'Enter' on the Create Account dialog to create the account.
- Better The budget screen is now much faster to display when opening and resizing.
- Better Categories on the budget screen can now be dragged from anywhere.
- Better QIFs now export using DD/MM if the selected date format is DD/MM.
- Better Clearing a transaction now only selects that transaction if there is not another being edited.
- Better The Closed Accounts sidebar group now has a subtotal displayed.
- Better YNAB now accepts QIF accounts of type "CC".
- Better The Add Transaction button is no longer shown if the account column will be empty in All Accounts (this can occur if there are no accounts, or all accounts are closed).
- Better The account register will now scroll to the currently selected transaction when changing the sort criteria.
- Better YNAB no longer steals the system focus when it is first opened.
- Better Clearing a transaction now accepts it.
- Better Reconciling a transaction now marks it as accepted.
- Better Clearing multiple transactions now uses a toggle like the keyboard shortcut does (all selected transactions will be cleared, then uncleared).
- Better OR search now works for flags as well, so you can search for transactions with multiple colour flags.
- Better The Norweigian Krone is now formatted like "123 456,78 kr".
- Better The quick fix menu when clicking an error icon styling has been improved.
- Better The quick fix menu now lets you assign a category directly to multiple categories.
- Fixed Sorting is now correctly reapplied when switching accounts.
- Fixed Reconciling will no longer mark transactions as reconciled that fall outside of the date range. (This could happen if you were are searching or filtering transactions before you entered reconciliation.)
- Fixed Reconciling will no longer skip marking transactions as reconciled if you are in the midst of searching when you finish reconciling.
- Fixed Double-clicking an import file to open YNAB no longer cancels the import on load.
- Fixed Payee rename conditions can no longer be blank, or only spaces.
- Fixed Remove blank payees on startup.
- Fixed YNAB now shows a warning subtransaction if a split transaction's constituent parts don't add up to the total amount.
- Fixed 'Move to Scheduler' option is now disabled for transfers into split transactions (this caused a crash).
- Fixed The Send Technical Info popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The Diagnostics Mode popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The Release Notes popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The About popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed Quick Fix popups now show in the correct location.
- Fixed The Import popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The Export popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The Fresh Start popup can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The Printing window can no longer open multiple times.
- Fixed The subcategory tooltip on the budget screen now shows the full name and note for the subcategory.
- Fixed The Budget screen now remembers which months were showing at last shutdown.
- Fixed The reconciliation filter is now cleared when jumping to an already reconciled transaction.
- Fixed Canceling an edit to a split transaction transfer payee no longer shows an error message.
- Fixed Fixed a typo ('nuder' -> 'under'). We are not naturists.
- Fixed The lilac-coloured prompts are no longer visible on the transaction editor.
- Fixed Account group totals are visible again.
- Fixed Reconciling while searching now keeps the correct reconciled details in the footer.
- Fixed Selecting text when editing a transaction no longer cancels the text selection.
- Fixed Changing accounts while reconciling no longer shows reconciled transactions when switching back.
- Fixed Changed the default category column width so two months are shown by default again on the budget screen.
- Fixed Bulk renaming payees no longer marks transactions with a renamed payee as accepted.
- Fixed Error badges on collapsed sidebar account groups now show up when first starting YNAB.
- Fixed Changing a flag while another transaction was being edited now sets the flag on the correct transaction.
- Fixed Some Hidden Categories could be shown that didn't really exist. Now they aren't.
- Fixed Yet another register scroll fix.
- Fixed Twice a Month scheduled transactions now select the next date sensibly, rather than sometimes skipping half a month.
- Fixed Changing the date of a scheduled Twice a Month transaction now uses the changed date as the basis for choosing the next date.
- Fixed Wi-Fi syncing no longer swaps payee and memo columns if the transactions have a memo but no payee.
- Fixed View All in Register now works for Master and sub categories.
- Fixed Date filter is reset correctly after reconciling.
- Fixed Imported transactions with an amount of 0 no longer say "Needs a Category".
- Fixed Approving a match where the payee used is different to the imported payee now adds a rename rule for the imported payee if it is not used anywhere else.
- Fixed Selecting the All Accounts tab no longer prevents the Budget accounts group from being collapsed.
- Fixed Adjusting the reconciled balance now formats the amount correctly based on the currency being used.
- Fixed Searching works again during reconciliation.
- Fixed Any transactions being edited are now canceled when you begin a search, ensuring other transactions can be selected in search mode.
- Fixed Unselecting the 'Budget Accounts' node in the account selector for reports no longer unselects closed accounts as well.
- Fixed Account selector tooltip now correctly filters out off-budget closed accounts.
- Fixed Matched transactions now show any truncated text on mouseover.
- Fixed Searching for amounts in currencies using "," as the decimal separator now works.
- Fixed Sorting issues when going into or clearing searches have been resolved.
- Fixed Changed the way we look up the computer name, now it shouldn't crash if Windows is not located in c:\Windows.
- Fixed One more scroll fix for the register.
- Fixed Scrolling the category and payee dropdowns no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed Accessing the register headers with the keyboard no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed Dragging accounts no longer causes a(n admittedly very rare) crash.
- Fixed Fixed selection of another transaction when editing or adding a new transaction.
- Fixed Fixed a rare crash when accessing reports with a graph.
- Fixed Fixed a rare crash on the licensing screen.
- Fixed Fixed a crash when importing transactions.
- Fixed Fixed a crash when there is an error creating a bitmap.
- Fixed Fixed a crash when we couldn't lookup the computer's hostname for some reason.
- Fixed Several other crash fixes.
(Published: Monday, September 17 2012 10:09AM)
This version fixes an issue from version 4.1.127 where double-clicking an import file could cause YNAB to run sluggishly.
Full list of changes:
- Fixed Importing when double-clicking a file, rather than via the "Import" button inside YNAB, no longer causes the framerate to be fixed at 1 frame per second.
(Published: Friday, August 31 2012 5:31PM)
This fixes an issue from version 4.1.119 regarding using commas in the currency settings for some countries.
Full list of changes:
- Fixed Currency Parsing now works correctly for locales with "." as the thousand separator. Also we no longer convert "." to "," for such locales when typing in amount fields.
- Fixed Entering an incorrect date now correctly focuses on the date field.
(Published: Thursday, August 30 2012 1:27PM)
This fixes a few issues from version 4.1.20 and also updates the budget page look and feel considerably, along with enhancing the search functionality and adding a reconciled transaction filter to the register.
Full list of changes:
- New Searching in the register now shows the total including only those portions of split transactions that match the search.
- New Added a colour background to the row being hovered over on the budget page
- New Now the category column on the budget page can be resized and made wider
- New Added a reconciled transaction filter to the register. It is per register, and hides all reconciled transactions when enabled. The filter is not active while searching, you need to specifically add "Is:Unreconciled" if you want to filter reconciled transactions out of search.
- New The Wi-Fi sync dialog is now always accessible via Ctrl/Cmd+W, and the dialog will show even if the current budget has cloud sync enabled.
- Better Future-dated transactions are now excluded by the date filter except in "All Dates".
- Better The Available To Budget number for the next month is now displayed in red when negative (but only for the next month).
- Better The sidebar now collapses to a smaller width, allowing more data to be shown on the right hand side.
- Better The space between the account name and current balance is shorter on the sidebar, showing more of the account name before truncating it.
- Better Deleting a category now shows the name of the category in the dialog.
- Better Deleting an account now shows the name of the account in the dialog.
- Better Resizing the window doesn't resize the content until shortly after the resizing stops, making the app more responsive when resizing.
- Better If a file is already in use during an export, a nicer error message is now shown.
- Better The "Make a Transfer" button is no longer visible in the All Accounts tab when there is only a single account.
- Better Corrected pluralisation on the outflow popup in the budget screen.
- Better The "Rename like payees..." menu item is no longer enabled if the transaction has no payee.
- Better The "Account" field in the All Accounts register now looks and behaves like other columns.
- Better Imports with more than one account in a single file now skip over accounts with no transactions.
- Better The import account window now sets focus to the "Import"/"Next" button by default.
- Better Import results now use "1" instead of "One" when there is a single result.
- Better Added tooltips to the Quick Budget buttons.
- Better Added tooltips to empty notes.
- Better Budget and Register export files now have a timestamp as part of the filename, so they don't overwrite previous exports.
- Better Matched transaction styling while editing is now improved.
- Better You can no longer select another row in the register if changes have been made to the transaction being edited.
- Better Checking for budget changes is now much faster, especially with large numbers of diff files.
- Better Off-budget accounts don't show "Needs a category" on the All Accounts tab.
- Fixed Reduced the CPU usage on all platforms when idle. This fixes the issue on Macs that could cause YNAB to use 100% CPU when idle.
- Fixed When opening an import file, if YNAB is not open already, it will now open, load the last budget, and then start the import.
- Fixed You can now drag a subcategory to beneath an empty master category on the budget screen.
- Fixed Currencies that use a ',' as their decimal separator will now work properly.
- Fixed If a CSV import transaction has no date or amount, it is no longer imported, preventing a crash.
- Fixed If an OFX/QFX or QIF import transaction has no date it is no longer imported, preventing a crash.
- Fixed Registers now scroll all the correct location when being displayed.
- Fixed Accounts are now correctly scrolled when using File->Open.
- Fixed YNAB will no longer crash if it can't write to the log file (this could happen if you had two copies open).
- Fixed The original imported payee name is now always shown as a tooltip over the payee column in the register.
- Fixed YNAB no longer freezes while trying to load a backup if the backup file is corrupted.
- Fixed If a broken budget file cannot restore the latest backup, it will try all the backups until it finds one that can load.
- Fixed The "Contact Support" button is no longer shown if a broken budget file can restore the latest backup.
- Fixed If an export file is open while trying to export a report to that CSV file, YNAB will no longer crash.
- Fixed You can no longer make a new transaction on the All Accounts tab if there are no accounts. This prevents a crash bug.
- Fixed The popup calendar no longer cuts off the weekdays in the header.
- Fixed Text can no longer get 'stuck' when editing a budget amount if only a single subcategory is visible.
- Fixed The All Accounts register no longer allows the creation of a transfer from an account to itself.
- Fixed Rename Payee dialog now has the correct font.
- Fixed Reconciling an account twice in the same YNAB session now uses the cleared total instead of 0.
- Fixed Split transactions now use the date/flag/cleared status of their parent transaction.
- Fixed Reconciled transactions that are matched on import no longer lose their reconciled status.
- Fixed Renaming a payee that had only been used once now removes the old payee, so it doesn't clutter up the payee list.
- Fixed The Reconciliation dialog now shows the "positive balance" checkbox when first showing (if necessary).
- Fixed Changing the date of a transaction now updates the reconciliation footer.
- Fixed The 'c' keyboard shortcut to clear selected transactions now only takes effect when the main register has focus (so not while searching).
- Fixed Manually merging a transaction now flags the transaction as 'needs review'.
- Fixed Deleting a transaction during reconciliation now correctly counts the cleared total.
- Fixed If the last opened report type no longer exists, don't crash!
- Fixed Several other crash bugs.
(Published: Friday, July 27 2012 1:51AM)
This fixes a few issues in 4.1. See below for the full 4.1 release notes.
Full list of changes:
- Fixed The release notes window is now shorter to accommodate shorter screens.
- Fixed Fixed an error that would happen if you clicked "Save and add another" on the "All Accounts" screen
- Fixed Fixed a rare error that could occur when switching budget entry cells quickly
- Fixed Only one error dialog will ever appear now, even if another error occurs after the first one.
- Fixed Ensured that the application can't get stuck at a high framerate, which might have caused YNAB to use too much CPU on Macs sometimes.
(Published: Thursday, July 26 2012 6:10AM)
Welcome to YNAB 4.1!
You can now add a new transaction directly from the All Accounts view
On the budget screen, you can now see an income breakdown directly from the budget header. Just expand the header and click on "Income".
We've made many other improvements and fixed a number of issues. Enjoy!
Full list of changes:
- NewTo see a breakdown of all of your income transactions from the budget, first make sure the header is expanded (click on the Available to Budget number). Then click the "Income" line.
- NewYou can now add a new transaction directly from the "All Accounts" view
- NewYNAB now shows release notes after every free update so you can see all the cool stuff we've improved
- NewYou can now search for "unreconciled" items in the register
- NewYou can now hit "c" to clear or unclear selected transactions
- Better Reduced the CPU usage of the application when idle on Macs. (We will be improving this further for both Mac and Windows)
- Better You can now view Release Notes by going to Help->Release Notes. (On the Mac, you can go to YNAB->Release Notes too)
- Better Changing a payee with a reconciled transfer target now shows a warning.
- Better Moving a reconciled transaction now displays a warning
- Better Now the "Enter" key begins reconciling after the reconciliation dialog appears
- Better If YNAB crashes, it will begin running in diagnostics for a while in order to help us better find the error.
- Better The working balance is now displayed to the left of the cleared column
- Better Visual tweaks to the "Send Technical Information" dialog to make it more obvious how to send your budget
- Better When modifying the date in a transaction, you can now simply hit the "=" key without holding shift, and it will be treated as the "+" key to increment the date
- Better When typing a license key, a message warning of an invalid key is only shown if you've typed enough characters
- Better You can now purchase an activation key from the activation key entry dialog
- Better A trial key is no longer required to start the free YNAB trial.
- Better Improved the look of these release notes
- Better No longer making a backup file on every save if running in diagnostics in the Live (public) build of YNAB.
- Better If an update can't be downloaded for some reason, YNAB now shows instructions on how to directly download the latest version of YNAB.
- Fixed The autosuggest menu on the budget screen can no longer be displayed below the bottom edge of the screen
- Fixed The payee and category drop downs can no longer dip below the bottom of the screen
- Fixed The running balance column would become whack if you only had one account or under another rare circumstance
- Fixed On Macs: Fixed a problem that would cause YNAB not to be runnable from any account other than the one it was originally installed from
- Fixed The YNAB 4 executable is now digitally signed on Windows.
- Fixed Reports were not taking selected accounts into consideration
- Fixed Spending reports now total to 100% rather than 0%
- Fixed Moving to a zoomed in category report to another report and back again no longer resets the zoom level
- Fixed Fixed an error in the printing of the spending by payee report that would cause it to print 0.00 for values
- Fixed Reduced the size of the printed budget header
- Fixed Preventing displaying an error about an innocuous error that could occur when checking for updates
- Fixed Split could show up multiple times when clicking on the "outflows" header on the budget screen and looking through all outflows
- Fixed The mouse cursor could get stuck as an arrow and could stop showing the hand cursor in appropriate places.
- Fixed Fixed a bug that could cause overspending handling changes not to be saved for certain categories. This could cause Pre-YNAB debt categories to switch their overspending handling every time you restarted YNAB.
- Fixed Fixed a crash that could happen if an internal settings file got temporarily locked. This could happen when shutting down YNAB, causing a crash on exit.
- Fixed Fixed a rare issue that could cause a budget to get corrupted (usually in a recoverable way) if the app restarted at an inopportune time when saving.
- Fixed Fixed the vertical alignment of the outflow column on the budget screen
- Fixed A license key will now give an error if you type a key longer than expected and it doesn't validate
- Fixed Fixed a crash that could occur if a split transaction had no sub-transactions and the button to show all sub-transactions was clicked.
- Fixed If a license key is not the expected length, but still validates, it no longer gives an error
- Fixed On Windows, if the installer update can't be run due to permissions issues, you will be shown a friendly message.
- Fixed There is no longer a doubled-up top border in the budget text input cells
- Fixed SubCategory tooltips are now updated when the name or note changes
- Fixed Scrollbars will no longer be displayed on the month abbreviation in the budget header when using certain languages
- Fixed The notes on categories don't stand out as much anymore. They are now gray when active and black on mouseover.
- Fixed Fixed an error that could cause blank rows in the account register
- Fixed The account register will no longer listen for keyboard shortcuts when there is a popup being displayed. Previously, you could hit "delete" to delete text in an account note for example, and you would be asked if you wanted to delete selected transactions.
- Fixed The reconciliation footer is now updated correctly when deleting transactions
- Fixed The total of selected transactions is now correct even when you select transactions using the keyboard
- Fixed Fixed an error that would occur if you loaded another version of your budget when in the midst of reconciling
- Fixed Fixed a bug related to using a date filter when switching from and to an account being reconciled.
- Fixed Fixing minor style issues on the rename payee dialog
- Fixed When importing from a QIF file, blank dates in a QIF file no longer prevent it from importing correctly
- Fixed When importing from a QIF file, the imported transactions will no longer get set to the reconciled state even if the QIF claims they are. (This will prevent strange reconciliation issues after importing)
- Fixed Payees can no longer include weird text like "</Payee>" after importing from certain files
- Fixed If there was a space at the end of an account name, transfers to that account wouldn't be recongnized as transfers
- Fixed Selecting an account by clicking on a transaction in a popup on another screen now ensures the container in the sidebar is expanded to show that selected account
- Fixed Fixed a rare crash that could occur when editing sub transactions after loading a 2nd budget
- Fixed Fixed an internal bug involving deleting payee locations on a mobile device
- Fixed Fixed a number of rare internal crashes
(Published: Saturday, July 7 2012 12:32PM)
This fixes a problem that prevented some people from syncing with the YNAB Lite iPhone app.
Full list of changes:
- Fixed After upgrading certain types of files from YNAB 3, the YNAB Lite iPhone app could be preventing from syncing.
(Published: Friday, July 6 2012 1:07PM)
We've fixed a number of rare, but important bugs that were affecting some of you.
We have discovered that Roboform and some tablet drivers will make YNAB run slowly. There is an easy fix.
Full list of changes:
- NewIf your budget folder gets corrupted, YNAB will now offer to restore the budget from the most recent saved version.
- Better Improved the performance of the budget screen in an effort to improve performance with Roboform and Tablet input drivers. We will improve it further.
- Fixed Budgeted amounts can no longer get out of vertical alignment if you use the mouse-wheel over the budget column
- Fixed Fixed an error that could cause the total of cleared transactions to be off if you switched accounts when in the middle of reconciling.
- Fixed When importing transactions from a bank file, YNAB could freeze
- Fixed Fixed an error that could cause YNAB not to load a budget that had been restored from backup
- Fixed Fixed an error that could erroneously prevent YNAB from loading a budget file
- Fixed Fixed an error that could cause a crash when selecting or deselecting "Hidden Categories" in report filters
- Better Discovered that Roboform application integration cripples YNAB performance. We are investigating with Roboform. In the meantime, there is an easy fix.
(Published: Friday, June 29 2012 1:30PM)
We've fixed a few more bugs with this update.
Full list of changes:
- Better Reduced the framerate of the application to reduce CPU usage.
- Fixed Now trying harder to write to the budget file if it happens to be temporarily locked. This should stop error 2038 that a few people experienced.
- Fixed The "Account Properties" menu item is no longer visible if there is no single account selected
- Fixed Fixed an error that would occur if you clicked more than once on the link to hide a category. It would show an error and then make the budget unloadable.
- Fixed Fixed an error that could occur if you tried to edit or view a split transaction after loading/creating a different budget or reverting to a different version of your budget.
(Published: Wednesday, June 27 2012 8:00AM)
We've fixed a number of bugs in this update.
Full list of changes:
- Fixed Fixed an error that would happen if your Documents folder was stored under Dropbox
- Fixed The Preferences screen could go completely blank if there was an error while setting up cloud sync
- Fixed Using hard links or symlinks for your Users or Dropbox folders no longer causes a silent error (leading to the blank screen bug above)
- Fixed Fixed an error that would happen if you hit CTRL-N on the "All Accounts" view
- Fixed You can now submit technical information if you don't have Cloud Sync enabled
(Published: Wednesday, June 20 2012 9:08PM)
The inaugural version of YNAB 4!
See what's new since YNAB 3!