We’d like you to help us wow our customers.
You’re qualified if:
- You can write very, very well. We want you to deliver a clear, concise answer to a customer’s question/plea/concern—quickly.
- You use YNAB. You love YNAB. You’re a YNAB success story. If YNAB sold t-shirts, you’d have one.
- You know your way around a computer. You don’t need to be a computer science major, but you need to have more skills than my father. (Many more.)
- You can handle a steady workload without much oversight.
- You’re a great troubleshooter. You needn’t be an expert problem-solver, but a firm grasp on where to start as you go out on a quest to solve a customer’s issue is key.
- You keep your cool when hotter heads appear to be prevailing.
- You can work from home (or anywhere I guess), with a broadband connection.
- You can show empathy.
- You’re friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, creative, flexible and passionate.
If you can turn an anxious customer into a happy customer, and deliver the kind of customer service experience for which we’re already very well-known, you’re qualified. If you can have our customers raving about their customer experience with YNAB, you’re qualified.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter that explains:
- Why you are gunning to work in customer service. Specifically to serve YNAB’s customers.
- A great customer service experience you’ve had recently. Why, specifically, was it so great?
Please also include answers to these common customer questions:
- “I’ve been using Quicken for 10 years, but YNAB looks intriguing. Can you tell me what the main differences are between the two?”
- “I purchased YNAB, but realize now that it works on a monthly basis, and I’m paid bi-weekly. How do I go about getting a refund?”
- “I purchased YNAB about three months ago, but have never gotten around to using it. I know your moneyback guarantee is just for 30 days, but could I get an exception?”
Send your application to [email protected].
This is for a part-time position (20-30 hours per week), with pay between $10 and $15 an hour, based on your experience. You won’t be required to work specific hours of the day, so if you do your best work at 2 AM, our Australian customers will likely be thrilled.