This position is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
I can’t believe we’re hiring again, but our live classes continue to grow and we need another teacher. Are you a rock star teacher?
If so, we’d like you to help us teach YNAB! We are looking for an additional teacher to run our live, online classes.
You’re qualified if:
- You love teaching and helping people learn. You enjoy breaking down complicated problems so people who are struggling can understand them easily.
- Not only do you love teaching, but you’re a trained teacher. It’s a bonus if you’ve had experience teaching online, but not a deal breaker if you haven’t.
- You use YNAB and know it very well. You’re a YNAB success story.
- You enjoy collaborating with other educators. You can give constructive feedback and embrace it to improve your own skills.
- You know your way around a computer. Since you’ll be teaching online, you’ll need to understand how to navigate and access information from different programs behind the scenes.
- You can multi-task and don’t mind being put on the spot. Teaching a live online class requires running a web conference and teaching at the same time–all while being asked multiple questions about budgeting and YNAB. What we’re saying is, you’ll need to be quick on your feet and have fun doing it!
- You can work from home (or anywhere), as long as you have a fast, broadband connection and a second monitor.
- You run YNAB on your mobile device. (You’ll need to display that in class.)
- You can show empathy.
- You’re friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, creative, flexible and passionate (did we mention passionate about teaching and about YNAB?).
Hours will vary depending on how busy we are and how many classes we are running, but we are looking for someone who can teach about 10 -20 hours a week and has high availability on US weeknights and weekends. That’s when most of our customers are available to attend. We’d like to be able to offer more classes than we can right now, and that’s where you come in!
You can take a look at our current schedule to see when classes run, but we are hoping to expand those hours with this hire.
Clarification: This is a part time position so not eligible for 401K benefits.
Pay will be determined based on experience. However, we like to hire awesome people and pay them well. 🙂
How to Apply
Please include a resume and a cover letter that explains:
- Why do you want to help teach people about YNAB?
- Tell us about a great teacher you’ve had and what made him or her so great.
- How long have you been using YNAB? What was it that sent you searching for a budget program?
- What clicked for you personally when you started using YNAB? How did it impact your financial life? We’re looking for big picture here, not bank account info. We just want to hear a little bit about your personal YNAB story.
- In your mind, how does YNAB’s idea of a budget differ from the conventional wisdom or common conception of what a budget is?
- Forced choice, what is the most important of YNAB’s four rules?
- Run a speedtest of your internet service here:http://speedtest.net and share the results with us.
- We are looking for someone who has time to teach on weeknights and weekends. Are you available at those times? In particular, we’d like to know the latest you could start a class on weeknights.
- Finally, we’d like to see you teach, so please create three screencast videos demonstrating on the screen how you would use YNAB 4 to answer each of these questions.
- My available to budget number is $450, but there is $1200 in my checking account. Why don’t those numbers match?
- Should I set up my savings account as on budget or off budget? What does YNAB recommend?
- I went ahead and filled out the entire budget for the month, but now I’m over budget even though I haven’t spent any money yet. Why am I over budget and how can I fix it?
Please use jing which can be downloaded for free at:
Please do not send SWF files. Use the jing feature that allows you to send videos as links.
Please submit your application no later than September 15th, 2013.
Please submit all your materials at one time. (It is difficult when different pieces of an application arrive at different times. )
We look forward to hearing from you!